Friday, March 4, 2016

Life Lessons- Don't Use Cheap Products Like Herbal Essences


Picture take from Google
Hello friends,


I am so mad, Herbal Essence is not for natural females. I thought I'd be cheap and buy the product... boy didn't I learn my lesson.


As some of you may know I'm a natural hair girl, I've been natural for almost two years. I absolutely love it, my hair styles last longer,
my hair is healthier even though my scalp still needs some work and I need to learn how to retain moisture, everything is great; except the products.


When I first became natural I used Shea Moisture, I started to stray away when it became expensive or when I was going through conditioner like water. Although, I loved the product... it was just too expensive and didn't last long. I started to do research on other products that compared to Shea Moisture -- side note, if you're looking for comparison in products, might as well just stay with the original and bight the bullet. I went on Pinterest and did some research and came across a post that said, 5 Understated Natural Hair Products, when I scrolled down I saw the herbal essence coconut hair line. I have no idea what made me want to try it but I was like yes, I know it's going to smell great!

Actual picture of my hair
The next day I went to my local drug store and bought a new shampoo and conditioner. I washed my hair that same day and my hair combed through like butter! Even though, my face burned when I used this product I didn't pay too much attention to it I was just so impressed. A
week went by and washed my hair but this time my face burned even more and a lot of my hair came out. I read the ingredients and too my surprise, there was alcohol in it, not just once but three times throughout the whole ingredients -- maybe even four times. 


I sucked it up and went to my beauty supply store -- this time I had coupons -- and bought the Jamaican castor oil line from Shea Moisture -- which is a really great line by the way -- and try to repair my hair. My hair reaches my bottom lip now, I was devastated when, more than usual hair was coming out of my head I worked so hard on growing my hair long and I don't want anything to mess it up. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone, alcohol is so bad for the hair and please remember that. Until next time ❤️




With Love & Sweetness,

No comments:

Post a Comment