Friday, April 29, 2016

Life Lesson: How to Cure Writer's Block

Hello Friends,

Lately I've been suffering from writers block, usual it takes me a few hours to get over it. These past few weeks I just haven't been in the mood to blog, I don't know if it's because of the views or if it's because now that I'm in school, I just don't have time for it. I went online and did some research and found this app that gives you prompts so you can get out of your writers block. I didn't think it would work, until I came across this prompt:

Prompt #1: You are sitting on a park bench when someone shouts your name.


I thought it would be cool to actually post this prompt because the story started to get good. Of course I had to share it with you guys, so here it goes:



I wasn't expecting to see what I saw, but it was an old friend from high school. She look a little rough around the edges; hair messy, clothes wrinkled, and beat up. "Hey how are you?" I knew I known her, I just couldn't think of her name. "Emma Fisher?! We went to high school together, it's so good to see you."


She brought me in for a hug, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The most popular girl in school, who you would never see in the same outfit, is standing in front of me, smelling like hot garbage. I wondered what happend to her, I hadn't seen her in 10 years, I wanted to say she looked great and she did, except for the fact that she looked like she'd been out on the street for days. "How have you been? What have you been up to?" I said while trying to be kind with my words. 

"Nothing much, just trying to get my life together, once I lost my job a few months ago, things just went down hill," she said while looking sad, it amazed me by how things turned out after high school. She had tons of money and always had a great looking man to sport around school, I thought she'd be someone's trophy wife, had a couple kids and maintain charity events.


"Oh so sorry to hear that, what did you use to do?" I ask curiously.

"I use to be a clerk, but they let me go, saying I was too expensive, whatever that meant?"

Dang, I'm looking for a clerk for my office too, ever since my last one left and went to grad school. I was thinking whether I should let her know, I mean by the look of, it wouldn't hurt.


"Hey, I'm looking for a clerk for my real estate firm, my last one went to grad school. I have been stressed trying to juggle and then filing paperwork as well as showing clients houses."


"I'd love to, you don't understand how badly I need this. I knew God had something in plan for me when he woke me up this morning. Thank you so much Estelle, I will be in tomorrow, nine on the dot." She walked away and I felt a sense of love shoot through my body. I wasn't a person to show affection, and I knew this wouldn't be the first time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This is the end of the prompt, if you guys are interested in reading more of these prompts, just let me know and comment below. Until next time ❤️

With Love & Sweetness,

No comments:

Post a Comment